Saturday, December 31, 2011

PRAYING FOR CONSISTANCE

We all make excuses from time to time and I have made MANY! I absolutely love learning, teaching and sharing Gods word, but sometimes we tend to go through this time where things seem to go kind of dim. I don't know what it is or why it happens but what I do know is that in this time I have learned a lot. I have learned to be more patient, loving and bold. My faith has grown and has plenty more growing to do. I have learned how to let go and let God in SOME area's and I am trying hard to do it in EVERY area of my life. None of us are perfect but hopefully we are trying to get there.

Right now my heart is very heavy due to the fact that there are two young men that I have had the pleasure of knowing that have recently lost their lives. Both to car accidents. One a hit and run and the other a traffic collision. I don't even want to try to imagine what or how their mothers are going to get through this but I pray that they are learning to lean on God for their strength. I ask that whoever reads this is also burdened in their heart to pray with me. Its sad that I too, like my mother have to sit and watch my children go through this but I know that it is for their growth just as it was for me.

I was told a while back before attending a funeral of a very close person in my life that I had to be strong, not just for me but for the family. I learned that sometimes we have to take "self" out of the equation in order to be there for others. As my husband was preparing to oversee a funeral this quiet voice said "how can you help these people if you're crying?" I thought to myself, "is it wrong for me to express my grief?" The answer came to me that, NO its not wrong for me to express my grief, however there is a TIME and God will grant that to me. When a person is in ministry, it is very important that they are in tuned first with the word because this is where our strength comes from.Without it we are subject to weakness and failure. I've recently prayed for more strength and boldness and I have been given a little of both with the incidents of these two young men. Although it hurts to see the parents, children and families go through such a thing we should learn as much as we can through it.

I prayed for patience, and God gave me things to be patient for. I prayed for strength and boldness and God allowed me to experience things that have developed that in me. I have prayed for God to give me faith and now I must watch my children walk out of my house daily and have faith that God will protect them. God is awesome and we will probably never understand why He allows certain things to happen in order to build others things within us but I just want to encourage you as I encourage myself to keep trusting HIM.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment