Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Woman’s Strength in Christ

How do you find it and maintain it? Well the answer is this, you can find your strength in Christ and you maintain it by holding on to the Word of Christ.

First in order to find your strength in Christ we must get to know Christ himself. After we do this we will begin to develop a relationship with Him, learning his ways and his expectations for us. Once God see's that we have an understanding we will begin to experience some things. Some good...and some...not so good. We will and must be tested and tried. God allows us to be tested daily, which means that we gain some amount of strength on a regular basis.
In the mist of our trials Proverbs 73:26 encourages us that: My body and my mind may become weak, but God is my strength. He is mine forever....Wow, how about that, not just for THAT TIME but FOREVER

For EXAMPLE: You may be in a relationship (friendship, marriage, church etc.) no matter what kind of relationship it is they all come with some sort of disagreements from time to time. Let's say you are the more spiritually mature of the two and you're dealing with a person who has VERY selfish ways. This person is constantly being treated with respect, love and kindness from everyone they come in contact with. BUT, for whatever reason this person is always very dry, unresponsive and cold-hearted...but only to YOU. Everyone that comes around the both of you never see's the ugly in this person and always compliments them as if they are so kind and loving...and you're looking as if these people are crazy or something. You may even wait on this person hand and foot and this person won't even lift a finger for you. Well...if this sounds familiar, how do you think you would handle this situation. I can only tell you how I handled it (with God's help). I handled it with love...No matter what this person did I tried very hard to follow God's word...If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men Romans 12:18. Yes, I know you're saying, "what, I know you didn't, Ms. Holier than Thou"...But I tell you...God MUST have put this type of spirit in me long ago, or I was just too afraid to get ugly with this particular person. Now don't get me wrong.....I didn't act in love because I wanted to, Oh, no! It was truly God and HIs Sweet Holy Spirit that spoke to my heart every time I wanted to lash out. There were times when this person wanted me to do something for them and I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT! My total intention was to say NO, with a loud voice, rolling my eyes and have an attitude out of this world, BUT God!...The Holy Spirit would speak to my heart in the mist of my anger, hurt and pain and say to me..."yes, you will be sweet, you will be kind and God will reward you". He would say, "I am working on their behavior by how you behave". God also allowed me to go to a class where the Pastor was teaching about Demonic Spirits and their behavior's and how to deal with them, this was a big help for me...and in time, this worked...this person still has some of their old ways but I truly see a big change in them, and now when this person is ugly I use what I've learned from the Word to deal with them. I have learned that the Lord is truly the source of my strength but only if I adhere to His word being obedient to the Holy Spirit. Okay I must admit....there have been times where God did allow me to let out some of my frustrations and things did get ugly......BUT I believe He was showing me how things can really be prolonged when we act out using our own judgment as to how WE think things should be handled.

In order to understand the road God is taking us down. Proverbs 3:5-6 instructs us to...Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.
Well, with all that is going on around us today, there are many distractions that can easily get us to focus our attention on the problem at hand. This is why we end up in situations where our weakness out ways our strength. As women we get so caught up in our daily duties that we no longer have the time to search the scriptures to get to know our creator and why we were created. This is one of the ways the enemy uses as his way of distraction. We get so tired and burnt out trying to do everything instead of getting instruction from God on what He wants us to do.

Well, here's a little help... For those who work: If you are an "ON TIME" person try a little prayer before going into work. Try taking your bible to work and use breaks & lunch for reading and a few moments before pulling off from work for prayer.
For those who don't work and are stay at home moms...(Bless You :)..) after everyone leaves the first thing you do is go to God in prayer and allow Him to lead you the rest of the way. Believe me anytime you truly put God first and you make time to communicate with Him, it gives Him a door to come through and guide you. But if you never give Him time what do you expect from Him? Now, if you are doing these things now DON'T STOP! Keep pushing, help is on the way.

2 Timothy 2:15 tells us to: Study to show thyself approved a workman needth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of God. If we study daily we will be able to "RIGHTLY" divide the word of God and PROPERLY apply it to our lives.
A good idea would be to go through the Bible and search out all of the women studying about their similarity's, differences, strengths and weaknesses. In doing this we will begin to learn a lot about ourselves and what God expects from us as a women of God, wives, mothers and friends. This could take the place of us worrying about what the men should be doing...it's not our place to fix them, train them or control them this job is for the one who created them...God.
We tell our children that people will help those who help themselves, so let's use our own advice.

Women I encourage you to add to this. We as women need to hear from those who have... "been there, done that, now moving on to the next challenge".

No comments:

Post a Comment